The mistake many of us make when it comes to how we relate to others and our partners is that we often forget the most important relationship of them all. No, it is not our relationship with our significant other -it is our relationship with our self!
Why? Because our relationship with our self is the foundation upon which all other relationships are built. Our partner will be capable of loving us only to the extent with which we love our self. If we do not love ourselves and accept ourselves for whom we are – how can we possibly expect anyone else to? If you believe you are “damaged goods” – so, too, will the people around you believe you are “damaged goods”. And who wants to buy, let alone love damaged goods?
This begs the question: “Where should you be looking for love?” The answer, of course, lies within ourselves. We should be looking for love by looking in the mirror.
Read the 6 questions below and see if your reflection in the mirror reveals the foundation you must have for happiness in your relationships and your life?
- Does your reflection radiate happiness and joy?
- Do you accept yourself for who you are? Not worrying about whom you think you should be?
- Do you love yourself unconditionally? Are you your own best cheerleader? Or do you beat yourself up with every little perceived flaw and/or limitation?
- Are you filled with gratitude for your life and your special place within the world? Or do you focus on how
unfairly life has treated you?
- Do you have an open mindset? Or are you closed to new possibilities and ways of thinking?
- Are you open to change? Or do you cling to the past?
The secret for getting happiness in your relationships with others and your life is found by looking at yourself. What you see in the mirror will be reflected back at you by the world. Do you love yourself enough so that others, especially your significant other, will be willing to love you the way you want and deserve to be loved? If you can’t find love looking back at you in the mirror, you are looking for love in all the wrong places.
Rekindle Romance and Happiness in Your Relationship,