- Since roses are the symbol of romance and passion – start your day by giving your partner a rose(s) on Valentine’s Day. You can give them a single long-stemmed rose (which I happen to think is very sexy) or a dozen long-stemmed roses – the number doesn’t really matter.
- Write your own personal Valentine’s Day card or poem. It doesn’t have to be of epic style or proportion – just something heartfelt and sincere that says “I Love You” in your own unique way. Anyone can purchase a card on the way home from work – but a handwritten, homemade Valentine’s Day card is sure to set Cupid’s arrow flying in your direction!
- Leave a romantic voice message and/or text message for your lover so they get it first thing in the morning – while at work or at home. Who doesn’t love a love message to start their day?
- Give your partner an aphrodisiac food like chocolate – in whatever their favorite form of chocolate is, i.e., chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered raisins, etc. Or maybe you might want to make an outline of a heart with you and your lover’s initials inside it using m&m’s. Be creative and have fun.
BTW – Chocolate contains both a sedative and stimulant. The sedative has a relaxing effect on you and lowers your inhibition; the stimulant increases your activity level and enhances your desire for physical contact. Due to its effect on your libido, chocolate was actually banned from some monasteries centuries ago! So for all you chocolate lover’s out there – I say, bring out the chocolate!
- Ladies, splash on that perfume. Perfumes are made of natural ingredients such as almond, vanilla and other spices and herbs which are known to act like pheromone – this is a hormone which plays a vital role in communicating our emotions by smell (remember, we are, after all, only mammals).
- If Wheaties is the breakfast cereal of champions – Champagne is the drink of lovers!Champagne, in moderation, is known to lower one’s inhibitions and produces a feeling of warmth throughout the body. If this doesn’t set the tone for you, I don’t know what will. Or, if you are not into champagne or any alcohol for that matter, try some nice hot chocolate with marshmallows. There aren’t many things more romantic than sipping some warm hot chocolate by the fireplace with your lover. Bring it on baby!
- Let’s give a shout out to Hershey’s for making those little chocolate Hershey kisses – which come in a variety of flavors now: i.e. milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with almonds, etc. Buy a bag of these little babies and put them all over the place so your partner will find them throughout the day. Place some on the bathroom sink so your partner sees them as soon as they begin their day. Then sprinkle some on their car seat and/or dash board (maybe spell out their initials); put some in their briefcase – you get the picture! If you ask me, Hershey’s chocolate kisses were made for Valentine’s Day.
- Music – put a little love music in your life. Pick out one of the classic love songs sung by Elvis Presley or Marc Antony or mix up a cd with you and your partner’s personal favorites. Play the music while at home and in your car while driving around. I don’t know about you but romantic music is bound to get me in the mood…
- Get a tattoo – that’s right – get a tattoo. The (henna) temporary tattoo of your partner’s name on your shoulder and/or belly. This will be a great conversation piece throughout the night. And keep ‘em guessing – don’t let on that it is a temporary tattoo – the conversation could turn really interesting.
- Make up a romantic screensaver so when your partner turns on their computer they see a romantic personal message from you. What a romantic way to start your day!
Roses, card, romantic text messages and voice messages, food, drinks, perfumes, music, tattoos and screensavers – these are just some of the ways to make 2012 your best Valentine’s Day ever! And you know what, the list is really endless. So whatever your personal fancy, whether you like champagne or chocolate, music, flowers etc. find your unique way to tell your partner you love them this Valentine’s Day.
Make 2012 the year of your most impassioned and unforgettable Valentine’s Day ever! I can see Cupid targeting his arrow for your heart right now!
Rekindle Romance and Happiness in Your Relationship,